Monday, January 26, 2009

Jailbreak

Oh how I am awaiting the iPod touch 2G jailbreak. The day the masters on the Chronic-dev team come out with it, i will in fact distribute disaster through out the confines of my pants. What in the world is a jailbreak, you ask? Well, it basically just hacks into the iPod, from there you can customize the shit out of it and make it do pretty much anything you want. Instead of paying for apps which cost anywhere from $3-$200 in the app store, you can get them for free with a jailbroken iPod. It's pretty much the best thing that has happened to the iPod since sliced bread, and when i swapped my 1st gen iPod for the 2nd gen and found out there wasn't a jailbreak for it yet, I yelled for a solid day or two. I've been on the Chronic Dev blog everyday to see where the jailbreak stands, and it's getting close my pals...it's getting damn close. And as for Apple's profit, I don't know whether or not they'll gain or lose money from this debauchery. On one side, it will increase the sales of the iPod touch immensely. On the other hand, sales of their apps will drop significantly. So the question you have to ask is whether or not they're income is coming from the iPod itself, or the ridiculously priced apps that Apple has cast upon us.

Yours sincerely,
StrawberryAndre

No comments:

Post a Comment